Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

So much for my starry-eyed optimism:

The Obama administration announced Tuesday morning that it has struck a deal with other major powers, including Russia and China, to impose new sanctions on Iran, a sharp repudiation of the deal Tehran offered just a day before to ship its nuclear fuel out of the country.

"Major Powers Have a Deal on Sanctions for Iran, U.S. Says"

I guess I spoke too soon. It upsets me that Obama, the great mediator, who sent out such a conciliatory message to Iranians at Newroz over a year ago, is now resorting to the stick. While the stick may seem to have more immediate effect, in the long run it is always the carrot that is best!

4 comments:

I cant find your mailaddress, therefor i write this in your blog: I`ve been using a photo (maybe from your blog?) in a collage/painting - and now I ask for permission!Its two blue burka-ladies walking, and i have cut the photo in pieces and have used the bits in the artwork.
See for yourself in sonjas mixed media:sonjens.blogspot.com
My collage have the title "weapons of mass distraction2" and you`ll find it in "utstillingskatalog 2010".

5:00 PM  

Sonja,
I don't recognize the picture. I probably pirated it off someone else's Website myself. But if it is mine, you're welcome to use it!
I like your work, by the way!
Maryah

5:32 PM  

Thanks a lot!If you look up http://swissbooks.blogspot.com/2010/06/egyptian-fashion.html
there is the picture, tree ladies in blue- bit down the page...
sonja, from norway

3:30 PM  

Aha! That's a different blog. No, that's not my picture, I got it off Google Images.

4:43 PM  

Older Post Home